- Script presentations for meetings and fundraising dinners
- Create remarks for a variety of short special events
- Research and write speaker introductions
- Craft special tributes
I respect the speaker’s abilities.
I start by working to understand the goals of the speech and the speaker’s abilities. I focus on the sound and ease of saying one word next to another.
- Are the words and sentences easy for the speaker to pronounce?
- Does the flow of sentences and ideas build to a specified emotional intention?
- Do the vowels and consonants allow the speaker to convey emotional purpose and intensity?
I respect power of the spoken word.
Whether it’s a serious or light tone, I build in places for the speaker to breathe and pause for effect, trying to incorporate words and phrases the speaker(s) naturally uses, and set the appropriate tone in order to create a determined audience response.