The American Orthopaedic Association
Reductions in Industry grants/sponsorship and a closed membership without the ability for increasing dues made it necessary to launch an Individual Giving Program.
How Project Contributes to Business Success
Individual contributions help to fund specific Association programs.
AOA members only, since they’re the ones vested in the organization.
- Assisted in development of key messages
- Assisted in development of communications plan
- Drafted appeal letters
- Worked with designers to create a fundraising ad
- Created prospectus for potential sponsors
Available upon request.
- Member dues are high and include, for many, the cost of attending the Annual Meeting
- Members belong to numerous associations and are unwilling and generally not interested in making a direct donation to the AOA
- Up until 2010, another organization did fundraising on behalf of orthopaedic societies, so AOA members are not used to donating directly to the organization